A. no matter he is B. whether he has been
C. be he D. whether be he
2. In 1921 Einstein won the Nobel Prize, and was honored in Germany until the rise of Nazism he was driven from Germany because he was a Jew.
A. then B. and C. when D. before
3.Physics is the present-day equivalent of used to be called natural philosophy from which most of present-day science arose.
A. that B. all C. which D. what
4. the population of working age increased by 1 million between 1981 and 1986, today it is barely growing.
A. Whereas B. Even if C. After D. Now that
5. His features were agreeable; his body, slight of build, had something of athletic outline.
A. somehow B. as C. though D. somewhat
2. Cwhen引导时间从句：“纳粹上台的时候,他被赶出德国……”then不是连词, 用在句中不符合句法要求; 如果选B, 应为and then; before填入句中句意不通。
3. D句中要求一个能够引导of介词宾语从句的连接词, 所以只有what具有这个功能。
4. A前后两个句子是对比关系: increased和barely growing, 而even if表示让步“即使”; after表示时间;now that表示原因, 故只有whereas正确。
5. Cthough 表示让步, 意为“虽然”，全句的意思是: “他的长相挺好,